Thursday, March 4, 2010

Recommended books: Yo! Yes? and Move!


Yo! Yes? and Move! are two fun books that you should check out from the library or purchase for your child's library.
Isadora and I recently saw the book Yo! Yes? on Between the Lions where they had actors reading the text. While using only a few words, the authors creating a fun dialogue between two main characters. What is so great about it is that Isadora proudly announced after I had read it to her a few nights in a row that she could read it on her own. Weeeellll, she could guess at a few words, and she even got some of them right, but that's exactly what you want. Yo! Yes? will be a book that we will return to for the bedtime reading.

A book that you should NOT read right before bedtime is Move!, a fun book that gets Isadora jumping around like a kangaroo and slithering like a snake. It is one of those fun movement books that is really enjoyable and gets Isadora to act out some great words like slither, waddle, etc. And it's only $6.40 for a hardbound book at Amazon right now. Money well spent.

*Sidenote: I haven't been doing many posts lately because I'm working my tail off every evening trying to finish my dissertation (Graduation in June!). I promise there will be more - I have a backlog of ideas and stuff I need to get out. Just so little time to do it all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment