Thursday, December 3, 2009

Emails to Daddy

Along the same lines as writing down stories that your children tell you is writing down the letters (or in this case, emails) that they want to send. Isadora and I have sent countless emails to her Grandmother, friends, and her Daddy. We also sent one to ourselves just to see it pop up in the inbox. But the idea is the same: she conveys her message to me while I dutifully type away, telling her occasionally to slow down and then stopping her to read it back. This one was the last we sent to her Dad at work:

I LOVE YOU RODY! I LOVE PINK CRAYONS! THERE'S LOTS OF PINK CRAYONS IN THERE!! AND WIGGLE AND JIGGLE AND YOU BETTER NOT EAT A CHICKEN OR A PUMPKIN! I LOVE YOU PINKERS IN DE DAY. I LOVE YOU TO DANCE IN A ROW, IN A ROW, IN A ROW (SOMETHING, SOMETHING) IN A RUUUUGG! I LOVE YOU LEAF ALL IN A ROW. I LOVE YOU LEAF ALL IN ROW. I LOVE YOU TEETH IN A ROW. I LOVE YOU CROWS. I LOVE YOU WONK! WONKA WITH THE WATER, WRACKER, WITH THE WRACKER, ROCKER, RACK, OOH WOK. (ALL NONSENSE WORDS NOW)
BYE DADDY. WE LOVE YOU.

Can you tell that she was dancing around the living room while she dictated this to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment